Sunday, January 3, 2010

"we all cried because we all love you So much."

In case you were wondering about IT... no proposal. (I'll give you a moment to soak that in...) Truthfully, I was shocked too and a little disappointed until 3 hours before we were to head back home. He made a big deal about me needing to leave the house. I knew he was going to ask my parents for permission. (My first thought.... " why the hell is he waiting until the last minute!!!!" ... " Doesn't he take this seriously?!" ) I stopped. and I looked at him. He was whiter than a ghost. his hands where shaking. He wasn't putting it off.- he was taking it very seriously.
At that moment it wasn't about what he should or should not do.
It wasn't about what everybody else thought.
It did not matter that my parents would fully support us... and say yes in a second.
It wasn't about weddings anymore.
It was about us.
It was about spending the rest of our lives together.
It was about what a HUGE moment this was for everyone.
In that moment I realized that I had lost sight of what this all really meant. So I kissed him goodbye and left.


Later he told me that he spoke to my parents. He said it was amazing to see their reactions. He told me that it was the biggest thing he has ever done.He told me, " We all just cried because we all love you so much." (Then I started crying.)
***I am not sure how he could beat that with a proposal, because in a way I felt like this was bigger then a proposal could ever be. ***
(Thanks for following the story and for all your sweet comments!)

No comments:

Post a Comment